Building Confidence in Your Kid
Kids at young age are vulnerable and it takes effort of family, friends and themselves to build confidence. You as a parent play a very important role in raising your child having confidence.
Certain points for parents to help in building up confidence:
• Accept your kid and be patient and supportive. Confidence cannot be forced out.
• Encourage your kid for public speaking. It helps to overcome shyness and builds courage which is a main ingredient for confidence.
• Always smile and motivate your kids when they talk to you. Always motivate them.
• Kids follow example so you lead by example. Parents should be confident and assertive when dealing with others especially in front of their kids.
• Avoid pressuring and having high expectations from your kids. Give them the space they need to grow up.
• Accept flaws of your kids and don’t criticize them. Use positive words to help them overcome their obstacles.
• Avoid any kinds of harsh punishment.
• Avoid showing too much concern.
• Help your kids make good friends. Teach them the value of having and being good friend.